HOPE Network is a grassroots self-help support system for single mothers and single pregnant women living in Milwaukee, Waukesha, Washington, Ozaukee and Racine counties.
Founded by Gail Grenier Sweet in 1982, HOPE Network is a private nonprofit, nonsectarian, charitable organization.
HOPE Network offers programs designed to help mothers gain a sense of community, enhance their parenting skills, and develop self-reliance. Events are held are various locations in the greater Milwaukee area.
These services are available to all HOPE Network members:
- portable crib program;
- educational daycare tuition grant program for mothers returning to school beyond high school;
- Quarterly newspaper and monthly update filled with free and inexpensive resources for parenting education, community agencies, and family fun;
- Want ads in monthly and quarterly publications;
- Community building events for mothers and their children;
- Mothers' Trading Post and other free clothing banks;
- Collaborates with Christ Child Society Second Saturday Support Group where moms and their young children gather for fun, activities, lunch, and prizes.